Monday, May 24, 2010

A refreshing trip - Wonderla


After a hectic week at office, I was eagerly looking forward to the weekend to re-energize myself. I, along with my friends, had planned a lot on how to spend the two days, and we did come to conclusion after a meeting with length more than a Ashutosh Gowarikar's movie.
We had decided to go for, may be, some movie (Kites being so awaited was on the top of the list) in the afternoon and have dinner at some nice restaurant on Saturday. On Sunday, we would go to Wonderla(for which we had been planning for past two weeks - Week 1, we couldn't go since Priya had Saturday working; Week 2, the BACK ACHE syndrome - Read my post - Never tease your wife, EVER). So we were determined this time around.

But as history has it, plans never work for me (this also applies to anyone who is in any proximity with me). So, came saturday, and the 5 days of work had taken so much toll on us, all our plans were thrown apart, Atul's Saturday working adding to the agony, that we did nothing that day. Priya prepared CHOWMEIN (Believe me, she is superb at preparing some items, and Chowmein tops the chart). It tasted really nice; but given the fact that I am too fond of food to eat the same item in breakfast, lunch and dinner, she had prepared a lot (She had the same chowmein for today's breakfast to finish it; that would give you an idea how much she prepared). We did watch a movie; not in a cinema hall, but on the IDIOT BOX(well the movie was IDIOTIC as well).
Saturday had become so boring that we were all wishing for it to be over. Before going to sleep, no matter how depressed with Saturday's plans not working out, we were still determined to make Sunday count. So we decide we would leave by 10 AM Sunday morning for WONDER LA.

Came Sunday with a nice sunshine; and Sun did shine on us as well, for good. I woke up at 8.00, and prepared tea for my better half; I didn't want to ruin our plans by waking her up without the bed tea at her side. So, I did all I could to wake her up with a smile on her face(That was the key to keep our hopes alive). And, she had a smile on her face when she woke up, my efforts didn't go in vain, the plan was still ON; or, was it - She woke up at 9.30 AM!!!

But as I told you, Priya had a smile on her face; so as soon as she woke up, within five minutes our clothes were in the bags, and we were almost ready; the only thing needed for us to begin was, taking bath and having breakfast. At 9.45, while Priya was still taking bath, I went to the balcony to see Guru and Nimmi, my friendly neighbours, or neighbourly friends, all ready for the day; Looked like they did not sleep at night and were ready since 6'o clock!!! Atul also reached at around 9.50.

Exactly at 10, while Priya was still TAKING BATH, the door bell rang. I knew who was on te other side of door, And I did not want to open the door; Since Mr GURU, as ususal, was thinking that we were in army and if we were late by even 10-15 minutes, we would be court-martialled. Reluctantly, I opened the door, and Guru did start off, I could not hear a word he was saying, thanks to the cotton I had put in my ears.

At 10.30, Priya finally came out of the shower. This was the only BIG work pending. Once this was done, we left in another 10 mins. We took out my lovely i20, and the plan was still ON. There were still two hitches though; one, My i20 was clearly telling me to quench her thirst, so I made her drink petrol worth INR 500. We, then had to take some cash out of the ATM. And finally at around 11 AM, the real journey began.

With a few lessons from Guru on how to drive a car(even Schumacher wont be able to convince Guru that he can drive, and drive well), we reached the heavenly place called Wonder La. We parked the car and halted for a photo shoot. Then, I and Guru went to get the tickets, which took us some 10 minutes (Nimmi had predicted 1 hr at least).

All set, our plans did work out this time!!!! We were inside Wonder La. Now first things first, get a locker and stuff all the bags in it. I, Guru and Priya did not need change of clothes. Atul and Nimmi did; so they went to change while we waited for like 500 years!!!

They finally came and we went out to the exotic world of Wonder La. But we didnt know why weren't we able to enjoy. It finally struck, we were hungry. So we went to the cafeteria and filled out stomachs. We decided to go for the dry rides first, but the crowd and heat made us change our minds and we stepped into the play pool. All of us except the Hydrophobic Guru tried different rides and enjoyed.

At 1.20, it was the time for the wave pool, and we went there and enjoyed the artificial waves. We then went on to have some rain dancing; and I especially loved it for the fact that it was dark there and no one's eyes would get punished seeing me dancing :-) . We then went to the water pendulum, The slope of the pendulum was so steep that we did not want to unbalance the weights; so Priya and Nimmi went first and I and Atul. Guru did not ride it(Hydrophobic, remember). Then, it was the turn of Kraits and after that me and Atul just wanted to enjoy the waters so we came back to the wave pool. Guru, Nimmi and Priya went on to ride some other Krait; when they came back all their faces looked like boiled eggs. Reason - Some fat man who was infront of them in the queue, sat on the ride and it stopped working; so they had to come back.

We then took another lunch break after which we went back to the wave pool. Well, we thought it was a nice day for all of us. We were in for a surprise, the day was going to become nicer. Nimmi found some 590 bucks inside the pool, then Atul, then Priya and Guru. I didn't, so I concentrated on my swimming. I, Priya and Nimmi tried our hands at swimming, Guru tried his hands at Nimmi, err, I mean in supporting her while swimming and ATUL continued trying his hands at finding some more cash!

We finally ended the day with a lot of joy and a LOT OF MONEY. I could tell you that we gave the money to Wonder La management or to poor people. Well, we are normal people and we did what anyone would do; We had a dinner PARTY, thanks to the 1500 bucks we found!!!

As the day ended, all our minds, hearts and souls were, for sure, re-energized.

5 comments:

  1. Nice write up to summarize the amazing experience..it was truly an energizing trip...for me, the best part of the whole trip was wave pool...we tried our hands on swimming, jumping, swinging,dancing, photo sessions and above all the treasure hunt...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an unforgettable day.. right from highway rides to waves of the pool, everything was amazing..
    few things we came to know:
    1. Guru is more scared of rides than Nimmi
    2. If u struggle struggle and struggle, u can finally learn swimming like Vishal did.
    3. A swimming pool can turn into a money pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vishal next time me go for a drive with Mr. Guru pa we can keep a sellotape or cotton for our ears.. u know why :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like Guru found the words about him in the Blog OFFENSIVE... I can't figure out why...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guys..seems we missed some serious fun and MONEY too :)

    ReplyDelete