Sunday, May 16, 2010

Never tease Your wife... ever!!!

Its around 1 A.M Sunday night, or shall I say Monday morning, i.e., if you go by English calendar. I am struggling to write this post; no, not because I am feeling sleepy, but due to the back ache which started this afternoon. I dont know how or why it started, but the most possible cause seems to be the revenge that GOD is taking on me.

This is how it all started : It all started on Friday morning; Priya (my wife, for those who dont know her) woke up with a sore back. I got a bit worried and massaged her with MOOV(The popular Indian ointment, which most of you would have heard of, if not tried yet). Then I instructed her not to prepare food, she could do that at night (my mistake, I thought she would be fine by then) and went to gym. She leaves for office at around 11:00 much before I come back. So, I came back appreciating the good physique I have developed and tried all the body building positions to help me analyse which part needs more attention (thats my daily routine - I always ignore my belly as I know there's no point concentrating on it; its gonna take a verrrrry long time to make it flat). At around 1.30 PM, I also left for office; wearing my new shirt in which I think I look uber cool (just like my i20, just to let al know that I own one; kidding).

At around 9.30 PM, busy at work, I received a call on my cell, a call which I didnt know will change my entire life over the weekend, Priya's call).
Priya : "When are You planning to leave?" (the usual question)
Me : "(Oh, the same question again!!!), Have a bit of work left, may be 15-20 mins"
Priya : "My back ache is still hurting me!"
Me : "Oh no!!! Ok, I will try to finish my work ASAP and then we can leave."
Priya: "Ok, I am logging off"

Now, by the time I finished my work, she called me and told that she is already in Basement 1.
I took my bag (I never took a bag to a class in collegea and I never go to office without a bag!!!) and rushed. It took me 10 mins to reach B1, enough to pour in a 100 ltrs of a fuel called anger in Priya's eyes. Still, she knew she needed me at this point in time (one of the rare occasions when its the other way round) so she subsided her anger and asked to pick her bag (the weight of which is twice than that of Priya's). I tokk it and placed it on my shoulder in a strange way you will see most bikers hanging. (Yes, I also have a bike and commute with it to save petrol ;-) ).

We came back home; Priya was in a lot of discomfort; I again massaged her with the same old MOOV, put crape bandage around her waist, prepared the dinner (as I already pointed out, it was my mistake, I didnt let her prepare the dinner). She somehow managed to sleep. Next day morning, there wasnt much of a recovery; by that time we had diagnosed what the issue was (there's a doctor in every Indian); it was a common pain which when comes, remains there for 2.5 days; and I had to take care of everything for these 2.5 days, only one day has passed by, Friday. Saturday and Sunday, the two daysall of us wait for was turning into a nightmare for me.

But, no matter what, Priya is my better half, and I know that better than anyone else. So I took very good care of everything, including Priya's (for a change); Prepared brakfast, lunch, tea, dinner. The only one bad thing I did was tease her by asking her if she could stretch her body like mine, first ot the right and then to the left, and this continued for around half an hour (It was just a joke, I was trying to bring smile on her face).

And just then the OMNIPRESENT saw this. As a result, on Sunday afternoon, when Priya called me I rushed to her, I went to her side and sat down. She asked for something which was right behind me. I tried to turn around to get it but couldnt; a sudden surge of pain ran through my back; I could not move. It was the same back ache. GOD had punished me for teasing my BETTER half. And then it came to my mind - never tease your wife, EVER!!!

And right now my house looks like a home for the handicapped!!!

1 comment:

  1. good write up.. looks like ur book reading habit has helped u immensely. shades of a writer here.. keep it up buddy.. and yeah never tease ur wife ;)

    ReplyDelete